Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twitter to Ohio


If I was twittering the ride to Ohio, it might go something like this:
7:10 am: Out the door, off to Target. Shut up, like you're so organized.
7:50 am: Done with Target. Hunting coffee. Helpful hint from worker: Barnes and Noble opens at 9 and they have a Starbucks. Thanks?
7:58 am: Waiting for Corner Bakery (a chain store?) to open. Why does a place that sells coffee and baked goods not open until 8?
8:01 am: Service here makes Starbucks look snappy. 
8:05 am: heading out. Finally.
8:25 am: Rain, rain, rain. 
8:45 am: Having that weird panic that I have the first time a take a route: Am I going the right way? West, right?
9:something: crossing into Pennsylvania. Ah, it's always good to be above the Mason-Dixon. Later, Waffle House.
Shortly after: try to call Bru. No luck.
10-ish: Now that I have "The Modern Lovers" newly uploaded to my ipod, I have two versions of "Pablo Picasso." I'll bet you can't say that.
10-ish later: I am on the PA turnpike and the sign states that there will be no rest stops for 116 miles. Really, PA? Really? So, I better stop. News: coffee makes me, um, have to stop.
Next: Quick stop. Grab a water. 
11:00: More driving, more rain. 
12:10: Seriously, the worst rest stop ever. The only food: McDonald's. A McDondald's with no grilled chicken, even. Service: S-L-O-W. And an almost fight between a customer and an annoyed worker. Big puddles in front of the gas pumps. Gas pumps keep splashing back and turning off. I'm already hating you, Ohio.
12:30: Hate driving in the rain. At least it's not snow, but then, again, if it snowed that much, I'd probably be in Maryland.
1-ish: Getting really annoyed at driving in the rain. It's just tiring.
2:30: Arrive at the parents. As the rain starts to let up. Of course.

Happy holidays, y'all.



No comments: