Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Saying good-bye to 2013

It's been quite a year. I have to admit, I'd rather have a year where lots of things happened rather than a year that is so simple and easy that, years later, I can't tell one year from the next. I will always remember this year, and I am grateful for that.

We did a lot this year. We got engaged, we moved to a new city. We traveled plenty. We welcomed two wonderful kittens into our lives.  I started a new job. It been busy. I feel like we've been running, running, running all year, but I also feel like we've accomplished so very much. I can tell you some things I wish I had accomplished (more writing, less eating), but, overall, I'm okay with 2013.

I cried a lot this year, but plenty of those tears were happy tears. I'm a crier, and I held my own on that front this year. Things did not always go as planned, and sometimes a gal has to release some emotion. I've been discovering some things about myself and not all of them have been pleasant. I am coming to terms with all of this. It will all be fine in the end, but sometimes the getting-there is a challenge.

I am looking forward to 2014. It's going to be a great year. I can just feel it!

No comments: