Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An inappropriate crush


I have a crush on a house. I keep thinking about it; it's so cute and nice to look at. I walk by whenever I get the chance. The thing is, it's just not good for me. It's too small, the kitchen is minimal, there's no room for expansion. I think one of the reasons I like it so much is that it's in a lovely location and is surrounded by bigger, beautiful houses. And I keep looking for excuses to get in it or just be in the neighborhood. I look at its pictures on-line and imagine us together.

There are other houses around that have more room, that have better space. I should like them more, and, sure, there's one or two who kind of get my attention. Maybe one will win my attention. And yet, I am still drawn to this tiny, inappropriate house. That's overpriced. 

Sigh. I have a crush on the Jordan Catalano of houses. 

1 comment:

Geoff Schutt said...

Jordan Catalano remarks about "This So-Called House" -- "Umm, like, well ..." (pause) "I mean, like, if you have this, like, crush, well -- ." (pause) "Is there, ummm, I mean, is there a house, like, you know, that's, I mean, that has, like -- the same name as me?" (long pause) "Like, that's cool, you know?" (He turns his head and the camera comes in for an extended profile shot.)