Thursday, April 2, 2009

Will you still need me?


These days I am noticing the lines around my eyes. They're not just there when I laugh or when I make a certain face. The grey hairs, there are a lot and they are also here to stay. My skin, it's different now. My eyes look tired. I realize that I am older than my mom was when I graduated from college. How did this happen? I'm not ready for this. In my mind, I am still in my 20s, well, maybe early 30s. Sometimes I can fool myself when I look in the mirror. Other days, when I really look, I see how old I am.

I think the most upsetting thing to me is that I know it's not going to get better. Today, I am as young as I will be. The birthdays, they will keep coming. The lines will get deeper and multiply. I'm not going to stop laughing, so I guess I'm stuck with them.

No comments: