Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Four more years!

I started this blog four years ago. Sometimes I can't believe it's been that long, but it's not like nothing's happened during those four years. Since I started this, I've had three different jobs, three residences, two computers, three cameras, a divorce, and an amazing new relationship. There's been a lot going on.

I'd like to say that when I started this blog, I thought I had it figured out or that I'd have no idea that things would change so much, but that's not true. I had a feeling a storm was a-brewin'. It was one of the reasons I started this, to have an outlet. I knew I was looking for something, and I still am. But, as cliche as it sounds, I see that getting there is half the fun.

I started writing here because I felt a pull of writing. I sort of expected to write a few posts, then let it fade away. I know that's not the most positive of attitudes, but I also know how these things go. I have more than a handful of half started projects hanging around the house (I probably will never knit that scarf.)

If I'm being honest, one of the reasons I started this blog was to reach out to (the former) Mr. Higgy-Piggie. This isn't the place to go into details about everything that happened or dig at old wounds, but, looking back, I know how many times and ways I tried to go to him, but there was never any attempt by him to move towards me. I started writing this, and he never read it once. Not a one time. Not when I started, not when I moved away, not when I told him that I didn't want to be married to him anymore.

I am now with Handsome Writer Man, and I am smiling, just writing this. As he is also a writer, it is not surprise that HWM reads this as well as any other writing I am willing to show him. He supports me, not only in my writing, but in so many ways that I was not supported before. I am happier now, but I am also stronger, and I am thankful for this every single day.

Thank you to everyone who has read this over the years. I know it's not a huge audience (if Statscounter is to be believed, I have yet to hit 7000 views), but I appreciate every single view. I will probably be writing here, on and off, until the idea of a blog goes away. I thank you, again, for reading and for all of the positive words.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have also been blogging for quite some time (on a limited topic, however). Just the other day I went back and read some of my old blog entries, and it's amazing how much has changed in my life.

Here's to 4 more years! Glad you are in a happy place now. :-)

kelli said...

So glad you have your creative writing outlet. And happy that you are more settled than four years ago. I love to read about your life on my rss feed. Keep the current trajectory, awesome friend!

Tracy said...

I for one am very glad you started this blog. I would have only known your thoughts on Facebook and it's really not the same thing. I've enjoyed reading your opinions and realizing how many things we have in common. I am happy that you're at such a good place and situation in your life and I hope in another four years I get to read how surprised you are by how much better it has gotten.
Happiness is one of those things that is really only quantified by the scale of what we've already experienced so four years from now could bring amazing things that you can't even fathom yet.

Vaguery said...

You made me do a review myself :)

+LIKE