Friday, December 11, 2009

Apple: Bite me


Hey, Apple: today, I am a hater and it's going your way. Here's the deal: today I get an email from Apple. Free on iTunes: a Christmas sampler. Yay, right? I mean, who doesn't dig some free holiday music? Just upgrade your iTunes, and it's all yours. No problem, I've been getting that "hey, you need to upgrade" message for a while, so this is what I need to actually do it.

I go to upgrade, and the stupid thing acts like it's a whole, new application. Which involves dinking (yeah, I said dinking) with it for a while. Finally, it seems to go. But wait! If I want to access the iTunes store, I have to upgrade my Safari, which involves a search for software upgrades. Of which none are actually Safari. So I search for the Safari upgrade, which I find and go to download. Which, after waiting to download, I get the message that I need to upgrade my whole operating system. Excuse me?! I don't think so.

So, now I'm stuck with a new "improved" iTunes where I can't access the store. Oh, yeah, I still don't have the free holiday music.

I say it again: Apple: Bite me.

3 comments:

Geoff Schutt said...

I think you're supposed to bite the apple, not the other way around.

Anonymous said...

Geoff beat me to it - such a perfect line! But I hear you - I am cooling considerably on Apple. Delayed (forever?) my iPhone purchase, finding other music sources beyond iTunes, probably not replacing my old MacMini. In the end, just another company.

Brunella said...

Hey -- It's the 13th and no post for the 12th. I KNOW you have internet access where you are because you e-mailed ME. Slacker!