Friday, December 4, 2009

Hope


I may be a cynic, but I always hope for the happy ending. To an unrealistic extent. Like, when I was watching "Milk" (oh, hey, spoiler alert), I was thinking to myself, maybe in this version he won't run into Dan White. Maybe someone will see Dan White break in and stop him. The crazy thing was that there was a part of me that really truly thought this was actually a possibility.

And, yes, every single time I reread "The Diary of Anne Frank" (and, believe me, it's been more than a few times), I hope that they can stay hidden for a few more months. Or maybe she'll get a little more to eat so she can survive the camps.

I just want it all to turn out alright. I just want everyone to have a chance.

I suppose there are worse things than having hope. But, of course, that means I'm disappointed sometimes.

3 comments:

Brunella said...

Hope is great in a hopeless world. I hope I win the lottery, I hope you do too.

Geoff Schutt said...

I hope you both win the lottery.

Brunella said...

Then we'd ALL be winners if we both won the lottery. We'd be able to support our habit...and that would be words, folks, quit it on you tabloid mentality...words is the habit that a lottery win would support.

BTW: Its nearly the end of today an I see no blog posting from our elusive little piglet.