Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm sure it's fine


I have had some interesting friend requests on Facebook lately. Specifically, aunts and uncles. And it's just a bit, well, weird. Not that my profile has anything embarrassing, but, I don't know, it just throws me off a bit. 

I know you can set up one than one profile, but I'm frankly too lazy. And I'm not even sure what I should hide from them (the snarky quotes from "Pushing Daisies" and "The Woman in White"? my girl crush on Sarah Vowell? my PJ Harvey flair that says "lick my legs"? my love for Vince from ShamWow and that I am an officer in his fan club?) (Well, there you go; apparently my profile is embarrassing. How about that!)

And I can't not accept these requests, right? I can't reject family (can I?) That seems wrong as well. Besides I've already accepted some of them. And, of course, this means it's just a matter of time before Mom's on Facebook. And then the cussing will have to stop. It'll be a sad, sad day for us all.

No comments: