Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The sun came out today


I miss baseball. Really, I do. I am ready to go back. Yes, baseball, you wore me down. I'm still a bit pissed at you about the strike, but I'm ready to forgive. Today the weather was perfect and just screaming for a game. I want to be in the stands, program in hand, keeping official score. I want to get a sunburn.

I am mad at myself for missing out on The Phils this year. It's not all my fault; you just can't predict those damn Phils. But how could I not see them play once? What an idiot I am! I miss the grumbling Phils fans, eating dinner in South Philly, bad pretzels afterwards. I miss getting lost trying to get around traffic. However, I do not miss getting so lost that I somehow end up in New Jersey. (again.)

This year: baseball. Seriously, I promise. I don't know what team, I don't know when, but, yes, baseball. "We're born again, there's new grass on the field."

1 comment:

Geoff Schutt said...

The team is Cleveland, of course. The Phillies had their big season, and now it's the Indians' turn.

1948, the last time Cleveland won a World Series. I think it's about time for another WS win. "Go Tribe!"

*
That said, a big Yes to baseball, and to your words about baseball.