Friday, August 15, 2008

iTunes store


Since I am old and don't listen to the radio much, I need new ways to discover new music. This is one of the reasons I started to play with Pandora, but that has been a disappointment, as I have already mentioned. Before I was playing with Pandora, I had tiny, tiny hopes for assistance from places like amazon and the iTunes store. Yeah, that didn't work so well.

Oh, iTunes store, do not judge me based on what I buy from you. The first song I bought was "Romeo's Tune" (shout out to Brunella!) and most of my purchases have been, well, impulsive. "The Groove Is in the Heart", oh yeah! The Darkness? Hell, yeah! Buying a handful of Christina Aguilara songs is cheaper than buying the whole greatest hits album, so I grab those (no, I won't tell you which ones.) There are some real embarrassments on the list (even than "What a Girl Wants" -- shut up!), but, at 99 cents a pop, who cares? 

However, this means that the music they recommend for me is just random and a bit scary. I try to modify the suggestions by rating other things and telling the store what I already own, but the crazy remains. Right now it is recommending Jimmy Buffett, "Still the One", and Brandy. Oh my. And no. Just no.

Oh, look! It just recommended "Jesus Christ Superstar"! Maybe there is hope after all...

No comments: