Saturday, January 21, 2012

So don't you bring me down today

I am wondering about my internal editor today. The phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" wouldn't exist without our internal editor. We've all seen pictures of ourself and been surprised. "That doesn't look like me!" My internal editor has me pegged at about 25 years old; I like my editor.

I can see myself so many different ways. Sometimes I am very happy with what I see; sometimes I need to just walk away. I suppose this is why I put on make-up and have days I change my clothes five times before heading out the door. I don't know why I am so insecure about how I look. I probably care a little too much about it.

We all want to be with people who see us the way we see ourselves on our best days. But, true to my insecurity, I worry that they will stop seeing me as beautiful someday. I don't know why that's a hang-up for me. I don't worry that the people I love will stop seeing me as smart or funny, but I worry about this.

But then I have days like today, when I see so much beauty all around, and I feel the positive thoughts coming to me. I am so grateful for the people who see beauty in me. And I am so thankful for the people who bring their beauty into my life.

No comments: