Monday, February 9, 2009

Every little bird in the tall oak tree


I am trying out twitter and trying to decide if I like it. I like the bite-sized aspect of it. Sometimes it's actually  challenge to give an update in 140 characters. I guess it's a good way to prevent a long rant about anything. I like have a quick moment to blow off steam or comment on crazy, then move on.

I am following a handful of people and groups. A couple of friends, a couple of celebrities, and some fake people (I love the fake people!) I was following The New York Times for about 10 seconds, but they post, like, every 10 seconds. I just don't need to know that much that quickly. I am following Darth Vader which makes me giggle every time he posts. Darth, call me!

The weird thing is the people who follow you. I don't have any issue with friends following, because that's the point of twitter, but I've had two complete strangers follow me. I have no idea how they found me and why they are following, but there you go. I've actually had a bit of a conversation with one person, which makes it all just a bit weirder.

I wish more friends used it. Yes, I am that nosy about their lives. I get a sense of what it would be like to get updates from profile updates on facebook, and I'm still trying to decide if I need both twitter and facebook. (As I sit here, wearing my sock monkey necklace, I do wonder how old I am. Thanks for asking.)

It's goofy and kind of fun, but I need more people to follow.

No comments: