Friday, February 20, 2009

What's in the case?


Yesterday I got a notice that Yahoo briefcase is shutting down. "Yahoo briefcase?" Oh, yeah, that's one of those places that you can (well, could) store things on-line. Do I even have anything there? I open it. One thing.

"Thesis".

Oh, that.

So, what to do with it? Do I save it somewhere? Does it even matter? What would I ever need it for? I'm almost 100% sure that I'll never need to go back to it again. I have a hard copy of it. The data has been published. And, really, on the highest level, who really cares? It's over. Over. I've moved past graduate school (thank God), and onto other things. Frankly, if I had to defend my thesis again, oh, that would be embarrassing. But that's not the issue at hand; the issue is what should I do with my thesis.

I know what I want to do with it: nothing. I am planning to scatter the electronic ashes of my thesis into the wind of the web. And that makes me happy.

No comments: