Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random soapbox


The other day on the radio, they were discussing breast feeding in public. And I feel very strongly: no. I'm sorry, no. And by not in public, I am saying whipping it out at the food court and letting little Johnny go at it. I understand that sometimes there are emergencies, and in that case, you go off and try to do this as subtly as possible.

Don't give me the argument that "it's natural." So's taking a crap and having sex, but I don't do either one out in the open for everyone to see. And, fine, if you feel that way, then I (or anyone else) can look at your boobs whenever they want (because, after all, it's perfectly natural!)

Just try to plan ahead a bit. Bring a blanket or towel to cover up if you absolutely have to. Try to find a place off away from the vast majority of people. Yeah, this may not be the most forward-thinking piece, but, guess what: we don't all think it's the most beautiful, natural thing in the world.

No comments: