Thursday, January 15, 2009

Don't go changing


Moving and getting the house ready to sell is not bringing out the best side of me or Mr. Higgy-Piggie. I'm certainly even more frantic and insane and, frankly, bitchy. I feel like not enough is being done, our house it too boring/ugly/cluttered, no one is even going to look at the place. I just feel like there is so much to do and there's no chance to just breathe. 

Unfortunately, picking up the pace is not Mr. HP's strong suit. Actually, the whole move has not played to Mr. HP's strengths, which, of course, makes me more, well, all of the above. I want to him to do more quicker, but that's just not how he is. He's never been that way, but, and this is the issue, I want him to be different. I want him to be running around like a dope (like me). I want him to be go, go, go.

Is fair to ask him to change? He's always been this way; in fact, under other circumstances, I like his laid-back approach to life. He's a good counter balance to me when we don't have a million things to do. But I need him to behave differently right now, and it frustrates me because he remains the same. In addition to the frustration I feel about that, I also feel guilty for putting pressure on him to change. I feel like I'm being unfair to him. 

Here's the question: if you need something from someone, how much is fair? How much can you demand? Should you love the person for who they are? Should the person be willing to change for you? 


No comments: