Friday, January 16, 2009

Next step


I've been pretty good about the blog lately, and I'm wondering what the next step should be. I started the blog to become a better writer, and, although I don't know if I'm there yet, I sort of feel that I need to at least start think about the next step.

Am I ready to try to identify myself as a writer? Because, if I am, I need to be doing more than blogging. I need to maybe write a story or something like that. But fiction? Memoir? Commentary? To be published? Just a longer than average blog? It is a puzzlement.

I'm thinking more along the line of commentary/memoir type thing. Sort of like the stuff my girl Sarah writes. I just worry that I'll end up copying her voice rather than finding my own. For that reason, I'll stay away from politics and history. Now I just have to have the guts to go forward.

No comments: