Monday, January 12, 2009

Maybe he's not, but I'll bet he is


I'm back on hulu, watching movies from the '80s. Tonight's selection: "Fatal Attraction", although I'm guessing I won't watch the whole thing. I've seen the last part enough times (spoiler alert: the bunny dies), but can't remember seeing the beginning, how and why they hook up, etc. Anyway, as I start the movie, I realize that Michael Douglas almost always plays the guy who is, well, a tool. Sure, he's an actor, so that doesn't mean he is a tool, but, come on, do you always have to play that guy?

But think about it. The guy in "Fatal Attraction." The husband in "War of the Roses." The director in "A Chorus Line." Heck, he won an Oscar for the ultimate tool: Gordon Gekko in "Wall Street." And if he'd shown a lot of range in other projects, I'd say he's probably a really great actor, but he's always. a. tool. I'm just suspicious.

Yeah, it's not too deep today -- I'm in a really bad mood. It's about stupid things; I'm sure you won't be interested. 

And for those of you keeping track: the Martha trip got cancelled. So at least that's a relief.

1 comment:

Vaguery said...

In The Game he is such a tool that everybody in his entire life acts like they are trying to kill him, just to show him what a tool he is.