Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I can't get no


The past few days, I've had the unfortunate luck of things happening that have been vaguely unsatisfying. All minor nonsense, but unsatisfying none the less. 

It started when I made homemade granola this weekend. It seemed like it would be so yummy. Oats, coconut, honey, peanut butter, how bad could it be? I mixed it up, baked it, and it's, well, okay, I guess. I'm not sure where it went wrong. I even added some chocolate. But, hey, every so often, a recipe just doesn't come together.

But the other night I made pad thai. I've made pad thai before, and (I thought) it turned out pretty good, so I was pretty excited about this. Yummy, yummy pad thai and leftovers. What I ended up with, that's not pad thai. I seriously don't know what went wrong, but it's bland and starchy and bleh. So disappointing.

The other night I watched "Last Tango in Paris." I know it's a dirty movie, but isn't it supposed to be some sort of classic? Seriously disappointing. Every character is a mess, but not in an interesting way. I disliked all the characters. And not enough to hate them and hope that something bad happens. I just didn't care at all about what happened.

Sigh. I need something to make me super happy. Any ideas?

No comments: