Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Am a Patriot

So here it is. 1/20/2009. As of Sunday night I knew I couldn't go to work today; who was I kidding thinking that I could? So I sent out an e-mail to my staff and boss to say that I'd be taking a floating holiday on Tuesday 1/20/2009. It could've been a personal day...but this isn't personal; it could've been a vacation...but I'm not vacationing; it could ONLY be a HOLIDAY because that's what it feels like to me. A very patriotic holiday.

And here I am. Glued to my TV. Switching between CNN, WNBC, and MSNBC. And I'm warm, because it is COLD today. So I'm in my favorite place in the whole world. My own home, with my own dogs watching my own TV...ya know why, because I CAN!

I want to see everything. Every smile from the crowds, every outfit Michelle Obama wears, every step of the parade, the moment he lays his hand on Lincoln's bible.

Because ya know, as Miami (Little) (Silvio Dante) Steven VanZandt said several years ago on a great record (yup, a vinyl LP); "I Am a Patriot, I Love my Country..."

No comments: