Friday, January 23, 2009

Missing a comrade


Today I was thinking about my old boss Cliff. I just can't believe that we're not going to be able to sit around and talk about my new job. To laugh about all the crazy that happened (and happens) with the Big Blue Bull. I think we all thought that we'd get a chance to get together again. That we'd sit around and talk about work and the Civil War and Halls through history. 

Cliff certainly had his short-comings. He was a tiny, tiny bit of a sexist (I used to say he'd call us "little ladies" if he could get away with it.) He hated to travel and bitched before, during, and after. But I still liked to stop by his office and just shoot the shit for a while.

I just wish I could have one last conversation, where I would talk to him about why I left Novo and what my new job is like. I'd like to chat about our coworkers past and present. I'd like to thank him for everything he's taught me. I'd like to ask him if he had any advice, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

But what I'd really like to do is tell him how much we all miss him.

No comments: