Saturday, January 31, 2009

House hunting makes me tired


One might think that looking for a new house might be fun, but I am already over it. It doesn't seem like it should be this hard. But they all have issues. This house has a good kitchen, but nasty yard. This one is close to the Metro but needs to be upgraded all over. This one has no garage; this one has no driveway!

I know that there is no perfect house. I am trying to approach this with an open mind, and trying to think of ways we could change the house to make it what we want. But I think that there should be a house out there that's a little closer to our ideal (and in our price range.)

Most of the houses now have nicknames: Single-Guy's House, The Marble Palace, Moldy Bones, Blue Kitchen. It's a bad sign if the house doesn't even get a nickname. It's even worse when we can't remember the house at all. ("Did we see that one? Really?") Of course, the really bad ones get nicknames as well, so a nickname isn't always a good sign.

I'm afraid that I will just get sick of looking and just buy one. The next one we see, that's it. No kitchen? Doesn't matter. Toilet missing? We'll figure something out. I'm just sick of looking.

No comments: