Thursday, January 29, 2009

Shake it off!


I'm in bad spirits these days, and I can't seem to break it. It's not a good thing. I know that things are stressful and I should be allowed to be a bit down/freaked out/whatever. But I do think it's gone a bit far and I'm ready to have my spirits uplifted.

I need to have something to look forward to. This may be why I'm daydreaming about taking a vacation. I think about the pretty places I've visited ("oh, Barcelona, next time I'll stay a little longer!") But the voice inside keeps telling me that this is not a good time to be vacationing. Soon I will have things: selling the house, buying a new one, Mr. HP getting a new job and joining me down here. Unfortunately, I don't know when any of this will happen, which adds to my anxiety.

My new-month resolution: work to be happy. Yesterday I washed the rice, and Stephen says that it will lead to happiness. I have to believe.

No comments: